Magnetic Susceptibility Meters
SM-30 Magnetic Susceptibility Meter
The SM-30 is small (pocket sized) magnetic susceptibility
meter. Thanks to the high sensitivity we can measure sediments and rocks
with extremely low level of magnetic susceptibility. In addition, we can
distinctly measure diamagnetic materials like limestone, quartz and also
The SM-30 is controlled by three push buttons. One of them serves to
save up to 250 measured values into non-volatile memory and to recall
them later. The 251st value (the last measured one) is automatically
displayed after SM-30 is switched on. If no button is pressed for 3
minutes, the instrument switches off automatically. The SM-30 has a
beeper indicating intervals in which the information from the rock is
The SM-30 is powered from two coin-sized lithium batteries. If the
instruments is not used too extensively, the batteries may last for
years thanks to their low self-discharge.
The SM-30 has 8 kHz LC oscillator with a large size pick-up coil as a
sensor. The oscillation frequency is measured when:
- the coil is put to the surface of measured rock
- the coil is removed tens of cm away.
The SM-30 offers six measuring modes. Two of them are basic, two
compensate for the linear part of the thermal drift, one is for scanning
and one is for averaging. The large number of the memory registers (250)
is useful especially when scanning mode is used.
Though the instrument is small, the pick-up coil is large enough in
diameter to measure sufficiently high volume.
HIGH SENSITIVITY 1 x 10-7 SI UNITS
The sensitivity is 100 times better than the competitive instruments.
SMALL SIZE AND LOW WEIGHT
The SM-30 is truly shirt pocket-sized instrument. With dimension 100 x
65 x 25 mm and weight 0.180 kg. SM-30 outperforms competitors 3
Thanks to sophisticated signal processing the noise induced in
pick-up coil is suppressed well under resolution 1 x 10-7 SI units.
DEEP PENETRATION OF THE SIGNAL
The sensor design enables to get 90 % of its signal from the first 20
mm of the rock. This feature allows more accurate readings on uneven
surfaces of all rock types.
Autoranging and three-button control makes the meter the easiest to
operate by one hand only. Internal memory can store 250 readings.
SM-20 Magnetic Susceptibility Meter
The SM-20 magnetic susceptibility meter is useful for a number of
geological and geophysical applications where the unique sensitivity of
10-6 SI units together with its small, shirt-pocket size and low
weight are appreciated.
The SM-20 is designed especially for field geologists and for fast
laboratory assays for analysis and classification of rock types or drill
core samples. Those measurements allow basic differentiation of rocks
(diamagnetic, paramagnetic and ferromagnetic) and their precise
susceptibility quantification. The original sensor and the new method of
signal processing guarantee advanced features of this kappameter.
The SM-20 is simply operated using two buttons. More comfortable
operating including point labels, comments and data storage for next
processing is available using PC handling. The Li cells supply and the
automatic power-off function provides a long working time without
- stores 120 readings
- small, lightweight instrument for fast and
sensitive measurement of magnetic susceptibility
of rock samples, exposures and drill cores
- designed for field geologists and fast laboratory
- unique sensitivity of 1x10-6SI units
- easy to operate
- autorange, data storage and PC connectivity
Magnetic Susceptibility Meter
The KM-7pocket susceptibility meter is designed for quick
measurements of magnetic properties of rocks in situ. The use of KM-7 is
especially advantageous for selecting suitable specimens for further
precise laboratory studies of magnetic properties.
- High Resolution
- Excellent Accuracy
- Wide Measuring Range
- Internal Non-volatile Data Memory
- Single & Scan Mode of Operation
- Measuring Pin
- GPS Connection via Bluetooth
- Sensitivity: 1x10-6 SI units / 1x10-5 SI units in scan mode
- Measuring Ranges: ±999 x10-3 SI units with automatically
- Operating Frequency: 10 kHz
- Display: 4 rows, backlight
- Data Memory: 999 readings (without GPS data)
- Controls: 4 switches: Escape, Enter, Up, Down
- Interface: USB 2.0, bluetooth
- Power Consumption: 8 mA (without bluetooth or backlight)
- Battery: 2 x AAA
- Operating Temperature: from –20ºC to +60ºC
- Dimensions: 165 x 68 x 28 mm
- Weight: 250g including batteries
- Accessories: Leather Case, Instruction Manual, USB cable, Disk
with comm. program
Magnetic susceptibility meter for multi-layer surveys
- In-situ assessment of magnetic properties of para-, dia- and
- Manual or continuous measuring modes with GPS positioning and
- Sensitivity 1x10-6 SI units with fast response
- Temperature drift compensation
- Lightweight and rugged design
- Rechargeable Li-Ion cells (one charging for 3-4 working days) or
6 AA cells
- Easy operation with graphical screen and large data memory
- Data download via USB port or flash disk
- Bluetooth communication with probe and GPS
Applications: geological survey, archaeology, agriculture and
forestry, raw material prospecting, mineralogy, sedimentology, detection
of metallic objects, UXO survey
The Multi Kappa allows fast field survey allowing both spot
measurement and mapping by means of several probes. Cover a wide
range of demands for accurate susceptibility measurement on ground
surface, outcrops and samples of rock and soil.
Unique & efficient way of temperature stabilizing allows
profiling without frequent zero setting. Fast sampling rate with GPS
positioning can be appreciated at moving applications.
Exchangeable coils with various diameters make choice of
appropriate depth range and horizontal resolution possible.
(90 % of signal)
|| 10 cm
|| 1.20 kg
|| 1.09 kHz
|| 2.10 kg
SM-100 Portable Magnetic Susceptibility Meter
SM-100 Portable Magnetic Susceptibility Meter is designed for laboratory
or field use to measure bulk susceptibility of standard 25,4 mm cores.
Small sample fragments can be measured in the pot with inner volume 25
cm3. The SM-100 design reflects the latest in electronic advances and
offers unrivalled features:
- single integrated housing incorporating the measurement zone, the
electronics and power supply connected to PC
- simple operation without any control knobs.
Operation of the SM-100 is straightforward. Typically a small sample
in a plastic vessel is placed into the measuring coil for analysis. The
SM-20 is controlled by a personal computer. The SM-100 is connected to a
PC with a cable to serial RS232 port. Results are available in several
seconds and are conventionally stored and displayed on this PC.
Flexibility and user friendliness have been the key criteria in the
design of the SM-100 software.
Calibration samples are supplied. Checking the calibration takes only
a few minutes.
- HIGH SENSITIVITY 1 x 10-6 SI UNITS
- MEASUREMENT NOT SENSITIVE TO SPECIMEN SHAPE
- BATTERY OPERATED
- SINGLE INTEGRATED HOUSING CONNECTED TO PC