Loop" Frequency Domain EM Conductivity Mapper
GF Instruments' CMD-DUO is an affordable “loop-loop” frequency domain
EM system suitable for exploration & mapping of minerals, groundwater
and other resources, to depths of approx 60m.
- Geological surveying
- Groundwater exploration & monitoring
- Ground contamination mapping & rehabilitation audit
- Mineral & resource prospecting
- Investigation of underground pipes/tanks.
ADVANTAGES OVER OTHER INSTRUMENTS:
• The CMD-DUO uses modern materials & technologies, making it lighter
than competitors (Tx = 9.5kg; Rx = 6.2kg). This, combined with longer
battery life, is a big advantage over a full days’ work in the field.
• Everything is controlled via Bluetooth from a single, lightweight
console (0.7kg); the only cable is a single reference cable joining the
two coils (10, 20 & 40m reference cables supplied) – This makes it less
prone to snagging, and more user friendly than competitive systems.
• The CMD-DUO is a wide-bandwidth, “single range” instrument, so the
user is not required to guess, then select a limited “measurement
range”; simply switch on and go.
• Sophisticated noise-rejection technology allows the CMD-DUO to be
used in culturally noisy areas (eg close to power lines).
• The instrument is factory calibrated, so there are no calibration
procedures before measurement, or periodical adjustments required.
- Graded depth range (7.5 - 60 m)
- Manual or continuous measuring modes
- High temperature stability and noise resistance
- Smart and rugged design
- Rechargeable Li-Ion cells (one charge gives 1-2 working days) or
- Easy control system with graphical screen and large memory
- Data download via USB port or flash disk
- Bluetooth communication with probe
Transmitter and receiver coils are connected with
- Measured quantities:
Apparent conductivity in mS/m
In-phase ratio in ppt (informative values)
- Measuring range: 1000 mS/m, resolution 0.1 mS/m
- Measurement accuracy: ± 4% at 50 mS/m
- Full and half depth range (vertical and horizontal orientation
- Power supply: Li-Ion battery packs (one charge for up to 20
hours of work)
- Operating temperature: -10 °C to +50 °C
|Effective High/Low Depth Range
||Dipole Center Distance
|15 / 7.5 m
|30 / 15 m
|60 / 30 m
- Dimensions / Weight
Transmitter: 65 cm diameter / 9.5 kg
Complete working weight of the set with 20 m cable is 17.7 kg.
Receiver: 65 cm diameter / 6.2 kg
Connection with coils is provided by integrated Bluetooth
- Five modes of measurements:
- Manual measurement
- Continuous measurement
- GPS Manual measurement
- GPS Continuous measurement
- Search mode
- Measuring time: 1 – 20 s
- Direct support of GPS receiver with UTM/UPS possibility
- Data flash memory: 128 MB
- Power supply: Li-Ion battery pack (one charge up to 32 hours of
- Dimensions: 270 x 90 (145) x 60 mm
- Weight: 0.7 kg
Download the Brochure -
Please contact us for pricing